I’ve had my blog for almost a century now and I have never shared a Get To Know Me post. I figured most of those reading, commenting and following already know a thing or two about yours truly…but I thought it would be fun to write. I’ve had a spark of inspiration and this inspiration has led me to be unapologetically raw. So without further ado….here is a little about me.
1. I am 75% Armenian and 25% Assyrian although I always say I am half/half. I absolutely love both cultures and am so proud of where I come from. The food, the traditions, the music and dance. It’s good to be Middle Eastern!
2. My middle name is Jenny and I was named after my late grandmother who was my 2nd mom, first best friend and much more. I go by Emily Jenny to honor her…but also because my last name is 35 letters long.
3. I am 28 but have a soul of an old lady with a mind of teenager (meaning I don’t take myself too seriously but I also love a good night in…almost every night).
4. My nickname in grade school was Bronco because I had big teeth…aka horses teeth that were too large for my tiny face.
5. I love gummi bears. Especially the white ones.
6. I’m only 5’2 and a little on the curvy side. I don’t fit into the stereotypical “blogger” look and it used to bother a ton. I’m finally okay with it and have embraced my uniqueness.
7. My biggest house pet peeve is a dirty sink.
8. I’m a terrible driver and can not parallel park. Follow me on Snapchat at StilettoBeatsd for funny parallel parking moments!
9. I had body dysmorphia when I was in high school and became obsessed with my weight. I never had a full eating disorder but was addicted to working out and eating healthy. At the time I thought I was doing the right thing but looking back now I see the very slippery slope I was on. Thank god I had the support of my family and friends to slowly get me through it.
10. I was never the popular girl in high school and believe it or not I would wear the same red life guard sweatshirt every single day (btw, I was not a life guard). I only blossomed in senior year after dating a popular boy.
11. My drink of choice is whisky ginger ale.
12. I am blind as a bat with a -5 prescription. Basically if I don’t have my glasses or contacts on I will walk into doors, walls you name it.
13. If I listen to a song once or twice I will have it memorized forever.
14. My favorite genre of music is anything sad or pop songs from the 90’s.
16. My biggest aspiration, past and present, is to be a teacher. I would love to get my Masters and teach fashion courses at a University.
17. I love public speaking but get me in a room with 10 people and I choke.
18. I want 4 kids, 2 dogs and a bunny farm. Emin thinks I’m crazy.
19. If I were to pick one fashion item to symbolize me I would be either a flat top wool hat or round sunglasses. What about you guys? I always love hearing what people pick!
20. My favorite place in the world is Florence, Italy. I studied abroad for 4 months (5 years ago) and I consider myself part Italian. When I was there I created the travel blog Florence Nights & Fairy Tales to document my experience.
I hope you enjoyed a peek into me and learned a few things you didn’t already know!
I wore this look over the weekend on a Sunday Funday adventure with Emin. Matching skirt and blouse set is from New York & Company and so very Rachel Zoe. Paired it with Dolce Vita booties and a Zara bag.